Last summer I participated in Artrepreneur 2015 and wrote about the experience in a series of 20 blog posts. The Artrepreneur program is meant for artists, arts groups and non-profits working in the York Region and Toronto area. Artrepreneur 2016 Applications are now open! So if you’re interested in being an Artrepreneur, here are some good reasons to apply to York Region Arts Council’s Artrepreneur 2016 program…
3 Great Reasons to Be an Artrepreneur:
- Reevaluate and review your own business in a new light. The Artrepreneur program covers the many aspects of running an arts business, including financial, legal, strategic and marketing issues. Even if you’ve considered some of the topics before, reviewing your entire business in a short amount of time gives you a broad overview. The quick pace of the Artrepreneur program will force you to review and even redesign elements of your arts business.
- Get expert advice on your current business and its potential. Small business experts and local entrepreneurs lead the Artrepreneur sessions. This is a rare opportunity to be in a business learning environment focused on arts. The small group allows for each Artrepreneur to receive feedback.
- Networking opportunities with local business experts and Artrepreneurs. Last year the Artrepreneurs came from a broad range of arts areas that don’t necessarily interact. The 2015 Artrepreneurs included visual artists, musicians, non-profit organizations, and arts businesses who were able to give fresh insight and feedback to one another.
The York Region Arts Council runs the Artrepreneur program with assistance from York Region arts and business groups. To find out more about Artrepreneur 2016, visit the the York Region Arts Council website or read my 20 posts on last year’s Artrepreneur program on this Artrepreneur page. To get a feel for what Artrepreneur 2016 topics will cover, check out some of my most popular posts on Artrepreneur 2015 including:
- The Business Model Canvas for Artists and Arts Organizations
- Grant Writing, Sponsorship & Fundraising for Artrepreneurs
- Strategic Planning & Goal Setting for Arts Groups, Artists and Artrepreneurs
See all Artrepreneur 2015 posts by visiting this outline page.
Artrepreneur 2016 will run from Tuesday, March 22 through July 19, 2016. Sessions will take place at the Vaughan City Hall, located at 2141 Major MacKenzie Drive in Vaughan, Ontario. You can apply online to Artrepreneur 2016 by filling out this application on the York Region Arts Council website. The deadline for Artrepreneur 2016 applications is Sunday, February 21, 2016 by midnight. Good luck!